Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Melindo to fight against Former World Champion in Pinoy Pride 2

MANILA, Philippines — Milan “El Metodico” Melindo will clash against former world champion Carlos Tamara of Colombia in "Pinoy Pride 2" in Cebu City this November 27.

Melindo, who has a flawless 22-0 record with 7 knockouts (KO), is currently campaigning at the flyweight division.

For his upcoming bout, the young Cebuano said he is confident of beating Tamara, the former International Boxing Federation (IBF) junior-flyweight champion.

“I have prepared so much for this fight because I am fighting someone with a champion’s heart… I believe this is my time and I have worked so hard to get to where I am now. I am not going to let this chance pass me by and I will do whatever it takes to come up victorious when fight night ends,” he said in Philboxing.com.

Meanwhile, Tamara holds an equally notable 21-5-0 record. He has since won 15 of his fights via KO.

The Colombian boxer made an impression after winning the IBF title against Brian “The Hawaiian Punch” Viloria in January. He routed the Filipino boxer via technical knockout in their bout held in Pasay City. He then lost the title last May to Argentinian Luis Alberto Lazarte.

Melindo and Tamara will battle at the event set up by ALA Promotions and ABS-CBN Sports.

The first Pinoy Pride edition was capped by a fight involving Filipino boxer AJ “Bazooka” Banal last October 30. He won by disqualification over his Nicaraguan opponent Luis Alberto Perez.




*source: abs-cbnnews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment